Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU SAP Scripts - Getting the Schedule Name

2005-09-20 11:37:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU SAP Scripts - Getting the Schedule Name
From: errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com (Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:37:58 -0500
Mirko Schlottke wrote:
> Errin,
>
> thanks for you're answer!

  No problem!

  Please, though, respond to the list.  That way everyone can profit
from any help, advice or answers to your questions.

> I'm currently developing a general backup_sap.sh script that forks to
> different function trees depending on the sap policy...
> What I'd like to do is to also evaluate the schedule name inside of
> this script. Unfortunately, the environment that is handed over to
> the script does not include a schedule variable... The script itself
> is implemented as the sap policies include file...
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -- Mirko

Response is posted below

> On Tuesday, September 20, 2005, at 03:47PM, Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT
> <errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com> wrote:
>
>> ms_nbu AT mac DOT com wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm just trying to figure out how to get the schedule name inside of
>>> a SAP backup script that is called from NetBackup!
>>>
>>> Anyone an idea?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> -- Mirko
>>>

>> Hi Mirko,
>>
>>  We've got a large number of SAP backups running successfully at our
>> site.  I don't really understand your question, however.  Can you
>> elaborate on what you mean by "... how to get the schedule name
>> inside of a SAP backup script ..."?  I think I can help you, I just
>> don't understand the question.
>>
>> --Errin

<<SNIP>>

Hi again, Mirko.

Are you saying that you want multiple NetBackup policies, each with
their own details (i.e., schedules and such), but you want each of these
distinct policies to use the same script (backup_sap.sh)?  If that is
the case, you have gone beyond my knowledge.  I don't think that the SAP
backups in NetBackup are setup to work that way.

I'm sorry I can't help you more.  If you do get this working, though ...
PLEASE, let us know!  It sounds like a great idea.

--Errin