Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSU removing files...

2005-09-16 09:54:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSU removing files...
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:54:45 -0500
--=_alternative 004C6CC58625707E_=

Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> wrote on 09/15/2005 05:29:01 PM:

> That sounds like an odd way of doing it.  Why did you take this
> approach?

Each DSSU only writes to one tape drive. I have two tape drives. In order
to write to two tape drives at once, i need two separate DSSU. I don't
think a Storage Unit Group would fix that limitation.

I also have a daily and monthly volume pool. The daily policy has the
Storage unit set to either daily-drive1 or daily-drive2. The final
destination for the Daily DSSU is Daily volume pool(similarly for the
monthend).

That's how i came up with 4.

--=_alternative 004C6CC58625707E_=

09/15/2005
05:29:01 PM:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; That sounds like an odd way of doing it. &nbsp;Why did you take this<br>
&gt; approach?<br>
</tt></font>
tape drives. In order to write to two tape drives at once, i need two separate
DSSU. I don't think a Storage Unit Group would fix that limitation.</tt></font>
policy has the Storage unit set to either daily-drive1 or daily-drive2.
The final destination for the Daily DSSU is Daily volume pool(similarly
for the monthend).</tt></font>
--=_alternative 004C6CC58625707E_=--