Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Mailbox Backups

2005-09-15 16:25:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Mailbox Backups
From: neil AT mbari DOT org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:25:42 -0700
We have the same number of mailboxes and data spread out across 3 Exchange 5.5
servers.  We don't have any problems with mailbox backups, though we did
occasionally encounter a mailbox with corruption in Exchange 5.0 (there's some
history to this condition) which will cause status 41 errors.

Keep running your subsets and see if you can isolate any bad ones. If you have
a mailbox with corruption, the resolution is to delete the corrupted emails
from the mailbox (they're in the bpbkar log).  None of the exchange db utils
can resolve corrupted emails.  When we upgraded to 5.5, we chose a method that
would not copy corrupted items and we haven't had any problems since.

Datacenter 4.5 FP6 on Solaris 8
Exchange 5.5 on Win2K

Email me directly with specific questions.
Neil