Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Query regarding the vmquery command

2005-09-14 16:16:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Query regarding the vmquery command
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:16:46 -0400
I thought the expiration date in the vmquery was the date that all of
the images on the tape would have been expired and the tape can be
unassigned, ready to be used again.  I have many tapes that have an
expiration date of INFINITY that have images that never expire.  Some
have no expiration date at all. Or, are my 9940 tapes so good that they
never wear out? :)

Are you thinking of the maximum number of mounts allowed?

--
Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf