Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows media server question

2005-09-14 03:54:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows media server question
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:54:52 +0200
Hello JK

I think it depends on CPU's, the amount RAM, number of HBA's

But the first thing to do is tune netbackups SIZE_DATA_BUFFER and
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFER for enterprise tape drives

I have seen 25 MBytes/sec on a windows machine to STK9940A drives (30
MBytes/sec native) with
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFER 32
SIZE_DATA_BUFFER 262144 (256K)

There is also the MaximumSGList (see
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2003-March/015785.html) ,
which I havn't tried to use yet

Regards
Michael

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:14:44 -0700, Kennedy, Jeffrey wrote
> We are new to windows as a media server and I have some performance
questions for anyone who is using them.
> Background:
> NBU 5.x
> HPDL360 as media server
> Windows 2003 Adv Server
> HP LTO3 drives
> Fabric attached hosts and drives (not host attached)
> Data is moved through fabric, not ethernet
> Fabric is 2gb for all ports
> What type of performance are you seeing with windows media servers given
this configuration (roughly of course)?  Can a windows media server push an
LTO3 drive?  Can a single windows media server push multiple LTO3 drives?

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)