Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Brocade + Solaris 10 - I see devices with cfgadm -alv, but not sgscan(?)

2005-09-07 14:50:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Brocade + Solaris 10 - I see devices with cfgadm -alv, but not sgscan(?)
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:50:31 -0400
Justin,

        There are a few things you can look at.  Most likely, it is a problem
with /etc/devlink.tab, it has missing sg entries.  It needs to contain the
entries for the devices that correspond to the target/lun of what you have on
your tape drives.  The file is rather ugly, the entry should look like this for
target 19, lun 8:

type=ddi_pseudo;name=sg;addr=13,8;      sg/c\N0t19l8

Once you are done, you will need to either unload the sg module or reboot and
then re-run sgscan.
Also, check the contents of your sg.conf file and make sure they correspond to
your st.conf.  Another suggestion is to make sure in st.conf your tape drives
are persistently bound.

paulg