Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adic 2000i (DELL PV160T) versus IBM 3584

2005-09-06 09:47:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adic 2000i (DELL PV160T) versus IBM 3584
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:47:53 -0400
Michael,

        The choice greatly depends on your requrements.  While EMC CDL or any
other Virtual Library is a great choice for performance reasons, it will not
work for you if you have an off-site tape requirements.  If you do have to send
tapes off-site, you will have to supplement it with a physical tape library.
 We have one of the first ADIC i2000 boxes and so far have been very happy with
it, it has been a very reliable library.  I have not dealt with the IBM
libraries in recent years.

paulg