Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging Sanity Check

2005-08-29 17:42:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging Sanity Check
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:42:27 -0500
--=_alternative 00773EAD8625706C_=

Hi,

We are currently running netbackup 5.0MP5. We have two LTO2 drives that
accept one stream each. We don't want to multiplex.

I'd like to use Disk Staging  to speed up the backup.

There are a couple of things i noticed when doing a manual relocation.
1.) There doesn't seem to be any job stats. How do you get drive speed
stats? *we are going to eval aptare, so maybe i can get stats from that.
2.) It appears that the data isn't removed from the Disk Stage. When does
the data get removed when doing a manual relocation?
3.) It appears that only one tape drive gets used. I guess i'll have to
split the other jobs to another disk stage to get both drives working?
4.) Does 5.1 do a better job than 5.0 when it comes to the issues listed
above?

Thanks
Karl
--=_alternative 00773EAD8625706C_=

We have two LTO2 drives that accept one stream each. We don't want to
multiplex.</font>
speed up the backup.</font>
when doing a manual relocation.</font>
stats. How do you get drive speed stats? *we are going to eval aptare,
so maybe i can get stats from that.</font>
from the Disk Stage. When does the data get removed when doing a manual
relocation?</font>
gets used. I guess i'll have to split the other jobs to another disk stage
to get both drives working?<br>
4.) Does 5.1 do a better job than 5.0 when it comes to the issues listed
above?</font>
--=_alternative 00773EAD8625706C_=--