Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best method to check when a box was successfully backed up?

2005-08-25 15:37:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best method to check when a box was successfully backed up?
From: cballowe AT gmail DOT com (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:37:35 -0500
How about occasional random restores of files? Your backups, after
all, are only as good as your restores.

(most of the time i use bpimagelist -- sometimes bperror -backstat )

Of course, if there's only 2 important files on a box and an admin
puts them on an exclude list - I would never know if they were missed
or not - backup was successful, but doesn't do much good if the
important data is missing.

-Charlie