Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Fast backup to tape but slow backup to disk on NBU

2005-08-22 15:08:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Fast backup to tape but slow backup to disk on NBU
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:08:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Matt --

I have a Fibre Channel SATA and over 260 backups to run every night so
I have my concurrent jobs set to 24.  However, because I can't stage diskimages
to tape while active backups are writing to the disks, I have to
run a daily script to alternate the active storage unit for my backup
policies.

I'd vote for SCSI at this point.