Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help! How to force an inventory update after loading tapes into a library?

2005-08-22 13:21:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help! How to force an inventory update after loading tapes into a library?
From: Bill_Jorgensen AT csgsystems DOT com (Jorgensen, Bill)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:21:39 -0600
Richard:

I am sure that you have verified this with tpconfig -d or tpconfig -l,
but does the master server have ownership of all the robots? The vm.conf
entry of AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT "should" work (make sure that you stop and
start NBU after you have made the entry). If not maybe you can write a
script that you use to inject media (that is what we have our operators
do here). Within the script use the following commands within the script

$VOLMGR/vmchange -multi_inject -w -res -rt tl8 -verbose -rn 0 -rh
<master_server>
$VOLMGR/vmupdate -b -rn 0 -rt tl8 -mt 8mm -rh <master_server> -involgrp
00_000_TL8  -outvolgrp <offsite_pool_name>

Give it a try,

Bill

   Bill Jorgensen
   CSG Systems, Inc.