Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB4.5 MP6 Disk storage unit limitation?

2005-08-22 13:16:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB4.5 MP6 Disk storage unit limitation?
From: muldoonj AT gmail DOT com (Joe Muldoon)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:16:39 -0500
------=_Part_1075_2300581.1124730999977

Is there a size limit on filesystems used for disk storage units? I have a=
=20
fs with 6TB dedicated to Netbackup, but it seems like when it hits around=
=20
the 2TB mark, backups start failing with status 41 errors. Also, if I try=
=20
manually running jobs when the fs is over this threshold, they just sit=20
Active, but no data is moving to the disk. They just never kick off.

So, I expired some images, got the fs under 2TB, and now the jobs kicked of=
f=20
just fine.

What's the deal? Is there a 2TB fs limit on Disk Storage Units in NB4.5?

Thanks

Joe

PS. The disk is Overland REO 9000 SATA, the master server is Solaris 9=20
running SDS with UFS filesystems, and we're at MP6.

------=_Part_1075_2300581.1124730999977

Is there a size limit on filesystems used for disk storage units? I
have a fs with 6TB dedicated to Netbackup, but it seems like when it
hits around the 2TB mark, backups start failing with status 41 errors.
Also, if I try manually running jobs when the fs is over this
threshold, they just sit Active, but no data is moving to the disk.
They just never kick off.<br>
So, I expired some images, got the fs under 2TB, and now the jobs kicked of=
f just fine.<br>
What's the deal? Is there a 2TB fs limit on Disk Storage Units in NB4.5?<br=

Thanks<br>
Joe<br>
PS. The disk is Overland REO 9000 SATA, the master server is Solaris 9 runn=
ing SDS with UFS filesystems, and we're at MP6. <br>

------=_Part_1075_2300581.1124730999977--