Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Differing MP levels between master and media

2005-08-16 10:33:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Differing MP levels between master and media
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:33:19 -0500
On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 02:07:32PM -0700, Jim VandeVegt wrote:
> Subordinate question -- if the patch install on Windows 2000 Server
> says it wants to reboot, does NBU continue to work if you don't?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  There doesn't seem to be
a predictable pattern.  On a fresh install, you have better odds, but on
an upgrade, you most definitely should reboot or you risk not being able
to do any more backups.  So says my Windows expert anyway...

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org