Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Differing MP levels between master and media

2005-08-15 17:07:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Differing MP levels between master and media
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:07:32 -0700 (PDT)
I'm certain this probably is not a "supported configuration," but
does anyone have any experience to share where you have ran a master
server at a higher MP level than media servers?

My specific situation: Solaris master, Solaris SAN media servers,
Windows 2K Svr SAN media servers, and a bunch of network clients.
Everything is at 5.0 MP1 right now. I want to go to MP5, but if it
happens to require a reboot on Windows it is doubtful I'll be able to
install the patch on every SAN media server at once.

Subordinate question -- if the patch install on Windows 2000 Server
says it wants to reboot, does NBU continue to work if you don't?

Thanks for any information,