Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] only allow the backup to run in the backup window

2005-08-14 00:59:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] only allow the backup to run in the backup window
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:59:09 -0500
--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

* Eric Ljungblad <Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com> [2005-08-13 21:32]:
> Windows master:
>=20
> IF allow retries after run day is checked using calendar based schedules
> then The backups can start again after the start window closes,  that's
> what happens here anyway with 4.5(mp6) 2003 Windows master / media
> servers.

Yes, but that's a "feature" of the calander-based schedule. It's
supposed to do that. Usually the "unwanted" double run happens because
your window crosses midnight.

> It would be nice if we could setup a END TIME that kills the backups if
> they are still running after a certain time, like 8am?

Yes, it would be nice. we have a lot of cases where that would be of
great use, too. Alas, NBU doesn't have that facility.=20

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C