Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Reporting Software

2005-08-04 18:12:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Reporting Software
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:12:13 -0500
On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:55:21PM -0500, Lewick, Taylor wrote:
> I know, I was just hoping to avoid the hell that is engaging with yet
> another vendor before we are really ready.  You have to go through an
> entire song and dance to simply say, "by the way how much does your
> product cost."

Aptare isn't like most vendors.  Good honest folks who stand behind
their products.  You'll get a quote fairly quickly without the song and
dance.

The licensing model has changed over the years and I believe that they
currently license based on the number of clients you have.  They no
longer license by the number of tape drives.  I think you'll need to
know the number of masters, the number of media servers, and the number
of clients.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org