Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Clean Tapes

2005-08-04 05:57:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Clean Tapes
From: bobbyrjw AT bellsouth DOT net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:57:08 -0400
The Old HP DLT700 tape libraries had a cleaning tape slot that was only
known to the library. It could not be seen by NetBackup.

Check your hardware docs for the library and see if Slot 20 is the "cleaning
tape slot".

If that is not the case, ensure that the library is not set to clean itself.
Some ATL libraries could be set to clean themselves, but that changed a
specific slot from a data tape slot to a cleaning tape slot.

I think you are going to have to study your library hardware.

If you tell us the library type, maybe someone else has one that can help.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
423-296-8200