Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors

2005-08-03 07:35:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 07:35:40 -0400
You're likely doing "normal" backups, and not trying to backup a split
mirror.

Some cases when you might backup a split mirror would be if you want to
back up a database, or directory, ensuring youo're getting all files in
sync. You would quiesce any processes using the disk, then split off the
mirror......the database or application would continue running on the
original plex, and you could backup the plex that was split off without
fear of an application tweaking the data during the backup.

Paul