Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors

2005-08-02 13:42:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors
From: WBedour AT lear DOT com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:42:29 -0400
Brian:
I'm not familiar with "a submirror on Solaris" but I think I am working
on something similar.  My environment is HP_UX 11.11 master and media
servers, I'm in the process of setting up a backup of a Sun box.  We are
mounting a Symmetrix BCV on the Sun server, syncing and splitting it and
mounting it back on the media server.  Because HP doesn't understand Sun
filesystems we must do a raw backup.  The pain with this is that you
can't do a single file restore, you must drop everything back down even
to get one file.  I have set up my policies using for example:
/dev/rdsk/c182t1d6 entries in the Backup Selections.  I have tested my
backups but not the restores yet.

Wayne BeDour
IT Unix System Administrator
PH: 313-240-3374  FAX: 313-240-3065