Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAP Backint Restores

2005-08-01 10:34:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAP Backint Restores
From: Phil.Stockton AT rs-components DOT com (Phil Stockton)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:34:37 +0100
All,

We have a Netbackup server on a V880, version is 5.0 MP3 (Solaris 8).  One
of the clients is also on 5.0 MP3 running on an E10k (Solaris 8) SAP
instance .  We use Backint 4.5GA to backup the SAP database.

We are trying to restore this database  to a E10 K  (Solaris 8) client, also
on 5.0 MP3.  The Master however is running Netbackup 5.1  MP2.

In the backup/restores logs all we see is errors saying the files can't be
seen.

The tapes containing the original backups have been through the two stage
Import process.

Any ideas will be appreciated very much.

Regards

Phil

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

RS Components Ltd.