Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating Master Server from windows to

2005-07-08 11:31:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating Master Server from windows to
From: kpr_faq AT yahoo DOT com (Ra pa)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
Bill
Thanks for the input. If we use Veritas professional
services and what sun server(For master) would you
guys suggest. We have around 30 TB data. So consider
the catalog size also.(sunfire 480 with 3510 FC disk
array work well??)

We are planning to implement In Line Copy to remote
site with SL500 tape library.(Using fiber cable
between sites and veritas storage replicator).If we
move our master server from windows to Solaris on both
sites. Is it possible to do a in line copy using
storage replicator software??
I didn?t see any veritas storage replicator for
solaris.

Please Advise. If any one need more design and
architechture details .Please let me know.

PS To all

This is my first post overview
((((We are planning to migrate our Win2003 master
server
running 5.1 MP3 to a Solaris 9 master server.  This is
a SSO environment with 5 media servers (4 Solaris, 1
win2003 (This server is master server also a media
server) and an L700 controlled by the master server.
My ultimate goal is to find what are all the advantage
and disadvantages. I need to explain to management.
Any small inputs also much appreciates. Also f any one
provide how to do documents and procedures.Please
help.)))))