Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Check contents of tapes without netbackup

2005-06-30 05:48:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Check contents of tapes without netbackup
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:48:44 +0200
Hello Iain

The should a description in the System Administrator Guide, called reading
tape with tar or something like that.

You proably need to install the modified GNU tar Netbackup uses, specially if
you have multiplexed tapes. I think is a part of the Netbackup client

To list contents on a multiplexed tape use tar -iMtvf <norewind device-file>
tar ++help gives all the possible options

If you have problems feel free to mail me offlist

Regards
Michael

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:17:26 +0100, Iain Miller wrote