Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 zones and Netbackup

2005-06-23 11:26:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 zones and Netbackup
From: bobbyrjw AT bellsouth DOT net (bobbyrjw AT bellsouth DOT net)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:26:28 -0400
NetBackup 5.1 MP2 supports Solaris 10, but only the global zone.

It is documented in the support matrix.

http--ftp.support.veritas.com-pub-support-products-NetBackup_DataCenter-251712.pdf

From: "Ungaro, Matt" <mjungaro AT capitolindemnity DOT com>
Date: 2005/06/23 Thu AM 10:06:43 EDT
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

Has anybody out there had any experience backing up non-default zones on
Solaris 10 using Netbackup? I have a zone, that is not inheriting anything
from the default zone, and I want to be able to take a backup of it without
taking the zone down (It's a DNS server). This is on an Ultra 10 with only
internal IDE storage, so I can't really do anything cool like take a snapshot
of the zone's root filesystem. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt