Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 156 snapshot error

2005-06-17 09:18:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 156 snapshot error
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:18:41 -0400
Ok....a little more research here may be uncovering something.

I'm backing up a cluster, which has two physical nodes...each physical
node as C: and D: local drives, as well as R:, S:, T: and U: which are
data stores. Each data store is made available as a file share via a
virtual node on the cluster.

In other words:

phys_file_srvr_1        C:\ D:\
phys_file_srvr_2        C:\ D:\

virt_file_srvr_a  R:
virt_file_srvr_b  S:
virt_file_srvr_c  T:
virt_file_srvr_d  U:

So I am backing up R, S, T, U via their respective virtual names, so
that regardless of which side of the cluster (phys_1 or phys_2) the
service is living on, I can back it up cleanly.

I back up C, D, and System_State:\ via BOTH phys nodes.

Since I'm backing up all or R, S, T and U simultaneously, I'm thinking
it may be possibly an issue of backing up U:, and netbackup is trying to
write the VSP snapshot of U to a drive that is being backed up by
another job.

Reading the manual, it says you cannot create a snapshot on a drive that
already has it's own snapshot on another disk.....as when you are
backing up two drives simultaneously....you cannot snapshot C to D and D
to C.

So I guess I need to set the jobs to snapshot everything to one drive,
say D:, then turn off snapshots for backup of the D: drive.

Paul