Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how do I find expired tapes in a robot?

2005-06-16 16:24:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how do I find expired tapes in a robot?
From: ChuH AT SEC DOT GOV (Chu, Hong)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:24:14 -0400
Use the script -/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media. Any
expired tape and tapes in scratch pool shows up as "AVAILABLE."

The script creates output of all the tapes in each pool and show the type of
data on the tape, robotic number, etc... but most importantly shows what's
available to be cycled back into scratch pool.

You would need to pipe this through stream editor like sed and grep.