Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to restore from imported tape?

2005-06-16 11:25:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to restore from imported tape?
From: steve.giessler AT mail.wvu DOT edu (Steve Giessler)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:25:08 -0400
Hello,

I have NetBackup 3.4.1 running on a Win2000 Master Server. I wanted to
restore some files from an expired tape. I used the "import" feature to
bring back the index data for the date of the full backup for the
particular client I needed. It seemed to import fine and if I look at
the FULL.f files I can see the files that I need listed. But when I try
to do a restore, there are no files listed for that particular client on
the date needed (I had it search for all backups in the last month - I
need June 5). Why are the files on the tape that I imported not showing
up as being restorable? (they are not showing up at all).

--

Steve Giessler, Unix System Administrator
West Virginia University