Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [WIN-NBU] how to get client version

2005-06-15 13:09:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [WIN-NBU] how to get client version
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:09:37 -0500
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

* Paul Keating <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca> [2005-06-15 11:11]:
> When we did it during our NBU implementation, we were told that it
> "should" work but was at our own risk....
>=20
> All restores we've done have given the message "unrecognized -J string"
> but, thankfully, have completed successfully.

Just another example of support being only as good as the person on the
phone. We were told exactly the opposite ;-)

I guess the lesson here is to try and keep everything at the same major
release whenever possible.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com