Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] which version of Netbackup 4.5 am I running and should I consider upgrading?

2005-06-14 11:26:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] which version of Netbackup 4.5 am I running and should I consider upgrading?
From: moliver AT mmoliver DOT org (Miles D. Oliver)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:26:44 -0400 (EDT)
  I'm sure I am not looking in the right places for finding the info I
need. I just took over support of this system and want to know if I should
be thinking of upgrading. If not to take advantage of features, but to
ensure It is still a supported version.

VERSION:  4.5,REV=2002.03.26.15.05  - what rev of 4.5 is this?

Can anyone offer suggestions to point me in the right direction to find
out what I have and if it is still supported?

Thank you.

pkginfo -l VRTSnetbp
    PKGINST:  VRTSnetbp
       NAME:  VERITAS NetBackup and Media Manager
   CATEGORY:  application,tools
       ARCH:  sparc
    VERSION:  4.5,REV=2002.03.26.15.05
    BASEDIR:  /opt2
     VENDOR:  VERITAS Software Corporation
       DESC:  NetBackup provides backup and restore services for client
systems and the management of storage devices and media.  Media Manager
has device and media management components for handling tapes drives,
optical disks, and robotic libraries.
     PSTAMP:  code20020326150650
   INSTDATE:  Nov 19 2002 13:44
    HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider.
     STATUS:  completely installed
      FILES:    823 installed pathnames
                  4 linked files
                 85 directories