Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Server Issues

2005-06-13 18:01:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Server Issues
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:01:47 -0600
Yup, you'll probably have to cleanup your global database from your master
server.

You can use "vmglob -b -listalll | grep <media_server_name>" to find all the
glob db entries for this media server.  Then use "vmglob -delete -drive <>"
or "-delete -robot" as necessary to delete the entries.  They should add
back to the DB using tpconfig when you're successful.

robot   0                     ADIC202100120             snoopy
drive   LTO2-01               1110052176                snoopy

So, for example, the output above:

vmglob -delete -drive -serial 1110052176 -name LTO2-01 -devhost snoopy
vmglob -delete -robot -serial ADIC202100120 -robnum 0 -devhost snoopy

...then use tpconfig on your media server to add them back.

HTH -M