Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Generating file list for restore takes hours - NBU DC 4.5FP5

2005-06-13 15:14:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Generating file list for restore takes hours - NBU DC 4.5FP5
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:14:59 -0400
We're running up against the problem where NBU takes a long time
generating the file list for a restore with lots of files when binary
catalogs are in use.  While I'm waiting on a response from Veritas, I
was wondering if there is anything that can be done to make the process
less painful.  Would using the -s and -e options to bprestore help
narrow down the search?  We had a restore that was queued for over 2.5
hours before we killed it out of frustration.

We're planning on moving to 5.1 about a month from now.  Is this still
an issue with 5.1?

--
Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf