Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows exclude lists scripting?

2005-06-09 16:58:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows exclude lists scripting?
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:58:12 -0500
--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

* Hindle, Greg <Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com> [2005-06-09 16:35]:
> I need your help. I need to change/standardized our window server file
> exclusion lists on all our windows clients. The GUI is crap for doing
> this. Is there a better way to push out a new list? Is there a file
> where this list is stored like it is on the UNIX side? Or are these
> stored in a registry setting? Please help! this will take me forever to
> do one by one!

bpsetconfig -h clientname ecludefile_information

Where excludefile_information contains something that looks like this:

Exclude =3D C:\temp\*
Exclude =3D pagefile.sys
Exclude =3D perflib_perfdata*.dat

You can also add specific policy and schedule references.

Set a couple up manually and then use bpgetconfig -M clientname to see
what it looks like.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com