Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Specify a specific snapshot for NDMP backup of Netapps Filer

2005-06-09 16:16:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Specify a specific snapshot for NDMP backup of Netapps Filer
From: Chris.Romano AT Lazard DOT com (Chris.Romano AT Lazard DOT com)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:16:47 -0400
Does anyone know how to go about specifying the name of a manually done snapshot
in the Netbackup "Backup Selections" screen of an NDMP policy?

I have run "snap create" on my Filer, then done a manual backup, but it keeps
failing because it can't find the snapshot.

I have tried /vol/my-volume/snapshot   and my-volume/snapshot, etc., etc.

Everything works fine if I just run a manual backup with the Netapps volume
name, but this is doing it's own automatic snapshot, not the one I created.

Thanks,
Chris.