Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does copy 1 always mean primary copy?

2005-06-01 14:58:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does copy 1 always mean primary copy?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:58:33 -0600
The primary doesn't change using bpduplicate unless you use the
"-set_primary" or the "-npc" options.  If you only copy prior to your
duplication was copy 2, then the copy 1 was created and your primary copy is
still #2.

If you want that newly created copy #1 to be primary, and if you didn't use
the options above, then you'll have to change it after the fact with
bpchangeprimary.

HTH - M

[Donaldson, Mark - Broomfield, CO]  -----Original Message-----