Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recommended Fiber Switch?

2005-06-01 14:07:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recommended Fiber Switch?
From: andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com (Andrew Stueve)
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:07:54 -0400
I have to say my experiences are a little different.

Software:
Brocade is easier to configure.  Cisco looks just like a router, if you
like that.  McData needs to get better.

Hardware
Cisco - never worked with it - but should be good.
Brocade - Old and new equipment - never had an issue in the last 3
years.  Rock solid.
McData - out of 6 switches in the last year, I have had 2 fans die, and
2 GBICs go bad. (The last GBIC may not be bad, it may be a port on the
switch itself - which is worse!)

Of course, I could have just gotten a lemon or two.  But McData is not
"the best when it comes to hardware, hands down."

-Andrew