Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving Windows Master Server to New Hardware

2005-06-01 08:30:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving Windows Master Server to New Hardware
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:30:53 +0200
Hello Paul

You can use regedit to make a .reg file you can merge into the registry on
the new server. I have done this for clients for fast setup.

I havn't tried on a master but I can't see why it shouldn't work.

Regards
Michael

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:45:56 +0100, Paul Esson wrote
> Fabrice,

> I am expecting to do a bprecover but my point is what is in the Windows
registry on the existing server that is specific

> to the NetBackup set-up that will not transfer as part of the recover and
how can I capture it?

> Regards,

> Paul Esson
> Redstor Limited

> Direct:            +44 (0) 1224 595381
> Mobile:           +44 (0) 7766 906514
> E-Mail:           paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
> Web:               www.redstor.com
> REDSTOR LIMITED
> Torridon House
> 73-75 Regent Quay
> Aberdeen
> UK
> AB11 5AR
> Disclaimer:
> The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or
confidentiality.

bprecover of the old ?

> Hth

> F@b

admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] De la part de Paul Esson
> Envoyé : mercredi 1 juin 2005 09:54
> À : veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
> Objet : [Veritas-bu] Moving Windows Master Server to New Hardware

> Folks,

> I come from a UNIX background and am faced with moving a Windows 5.1 Master
Server to new hardware.  The hostname and IP address will remain constant but
I am concerned about Registry information specific to NetBackup.  Am I
correct in thinking that what is held in flat files as part of the NetBackup
application on UNIX is actually kept in the Registry on Windows?  If so how
have others addressed this?  Extracted the Veritas branch form
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE perhaps or am I wide of the mark here?

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)