Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mount a specific Tape

2005-05-26 16:27:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mount a specific Tape
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:27:16 -0500
The tpreq command will certainly get the tape mounted, then you can
manually position, etc....

However, I'd suggest you look at the bpmedialist -mcontents command.
This is the equivalent to the "Media Contents" report from the GUI.
That will mount the tape and show you all the backup headers that are
on the tape.  If there are old backups that haven't yet been
overwritten, you can then use the import process to re-create them in
NBU... and then restore if need be.

HTH
-Tim