Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VolDB issue

2005-05-25 10:20:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VolDB issue
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:20:02 -0600
When you replaced the library did you first move all tapes to StandAlone
or NON-Robotic?

This is a potential problem if you have tapes with data that are now in
different Volume Pools than they were previously.  The important thing
is that they are in the same POOL NUMBER as before.  NBU doesn't
necessarily care about the NAME of the pool, but the pool index number.

If you do a vmpool -listall it will show you the pool index numbers next
to the names.

Have you tried restores yet from those tapes?

David A. Chapa | ADIC | 720.272.8452 cell | http://www.adic.com
Senior Technologist
Pathlight VX - http://www.adic.com/gopathlightvx