Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] trying to force tape on specific drive in a robotic environment (Sun L20 - 2 x LTO-1).

2005-05-25 10:07:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] trying to force tape on specific drive in a robotic environment (Sun L20 - 2 x LTO-1).
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:07:26 -0600
tpreq is used to do manually mount tapes up in drives.  Unless the
drives are standalone, you don't have much of a choice as to which drive
it enters, unless you DOWN all but the one you want the media mounted
in.

What specifically are you trying to re-produce on the specific drive?

NBU selection process is round robin fashion I believe from a very
simplistic point of view.

Are you looking to diagnose reads or writes with this drive in question?

David A. Chapa | ADIC | 720.272.8452 cell | http://www.adic.com
Senior Technologist
Pathlight VX - http://www.adic.com/gopathlightvx