Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VolDB issue

2005-05-25 08:57:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VolDB issue
From: jayanth AT apara DOT com (Jayanth .D .A)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:27:19 +0530 (IST)
Hi,
we have NBU 5.0 MP3, just replaced a quantum library with  a STK library,
During this configuration, we were unable to run a inventory, even though
the device config was correct.
The inventory command was throwing our a error similar to this "unable to
connect to media database" or something similar to this.

After this, we moved to volDB to a different location & we re-started the
Backup Server & re-configured the Devices, after which the Inventory ran
smoothly.

Now, here is the issue we are facing, all the old tapes which had data,
are going into the netbackup pool instead of the assigned volume pool,
because the VolDB no longer has the old information.

Has anybody faced this problem,  any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Jayanth