Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New vault

2005-05-24 00:00:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New vault
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman (home))
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:00:01 -0500
Hello Greg-

When redoing your vault configuration, the only gotcha is some extra
housekeeping to make sure that your previously-vaulted media will
continue to be tracked and properly recalled when they expire.

In order to guarantee this, you need to make sure that you update these
offsite media to have a valid "vault name" and "volume group" value in
the NetBackup volume database.

for example:

Suppose you started out using a vault named "V1", and that vault was
configured to put its ejected tapes in the offsite volume group named
"offsite-V1".

You ran this way briefly, and a single tape ABC123 was sent offsite by
this vault.

You then decide to reconfigure NetBackup, so that instead of vault "V1"
you now have a vault named "IronMountain" and instead of using the
"offsite-V1" volume group, you want to use an offsite volume group
named "offsite-IronMtn".

To achieve this, all you need to do is run the following pair of
commands:
   vmchange -m ABC123 -vltname IronMountain
   vmchange -m ABC123 -new_v offsite-IronMtn

HTH
rob

ps. it's possible that you are asking about a situation that is far
more complex than the example I suggest above.  If that's the case, you
might be best off opening a case with VRTS support.