Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO 1/2 compatability

2005-05-20 14:33:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO 1/2 compatability
From: alfonso.correas AT arrakis DOT es (Alfonso Correas Serrat)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 20:33:09 +0200
El 20/05/2005, a las 20:18, Andrew Stueve escribió:

Where I work I have at command several Processing centers and we use
routinely LTO-1 and LTO-2 (IBM 3584's) and some times we needed to send
some tapes to another Center, sent, imported and restores without a
hitch.

  But take care. An LTO-2 drive can accept to read/write LTO-1 tapes,
but a LTO-1 drive cannot accept LTO-2 tapes.

--
Best regards,
  Alfonso Correas