Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How long does it take you do restore Catalog?

2005-05-19 04:53:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How long does it take you do restore Catalog?
From: marek.gorka AT sun DOT com (Marek Gorka)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:53:05 +0200
Dean wrote:

> I restored a 1GB catalog from an IBM LTO2 just last week. It took less
> than 1 minute to get the data off the tape.

well that's what it's supposed to be.

> Why are you using the -dhost parameter? Is the catalog restore running
> on a media server, not the master?

i have several media servers and a master. this parameter just assures that
i'm restoring the right directory to the right server name. i'm doing it on
the master of course.

> Based on what worked for me, and what you're doing differently, try these :
> - On the bprecover command, use device path /dev/rmt/11m (rather than 11cbn)

hm. i've always used cbn. always worked.

> - Don't shutdown NetBackup before running the bprecover. I don't think I
> did (but I might be wrong)

but when i restore the catalog - and a backup tries to run - you got
conflict which i want to avoid.
--
Marek Gorka
Client Solutions