Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IMPORTED tapes versus ACTIVE and AVAILABLE

2005-05-11 07:37:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IMPORTED tapes versus ACTIVE and AVAILABLE
From: Iain Miller <iainonthemove AT gmail DOT com> (Iain Miller)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:37:58 +0100
Hi Folks,

We are using netbackup 4.5 on Solaris 8.

I just ran the command

bpimport -create_db_info -id mediaid -server servername -L /var/bpimport1.log

Now all the images on this tape have not expired so I got messages
along the lines of

11:58:14 INF - Found existing image information for client tempwin,
policy daily_windows, and schedule Full, done on 04/25/2005 06:12:33.
11:58:16 WRN - Cannot import client tempwin, policy daily_windows, and
schedule Full, copy 1 fragment 1 already exists. Skipping this image.

which I think means I know about the images on this tape already and
there's no need to import the images.

But I noitced now that when I run the available media command, the
tape I ran the above command against is showing as

MEDIA-ID DLT      NONE     -       -      -       0     35947588 IMPORTED

and my other tapes in this voume pool have the last column as either
ACTIVE or AVAILABLE.

Anyone know of this will cause problems or if I can safely ignore it??
 Also, is there a command to return the tape to either ACTVE or
AVAILABLE

--
Iain Miller
iainonthemove AT gmail DOT com