Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Simple question - Display Tape Header

2005-05-11 04:31:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Simple question - Display Tape Header
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 01:31:31 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C55603.D5AC79DB

=20
All you have to do is a bprecover -L //tape0 to find out or try and run =
a backup to that tape - then run all log entries, no backups can write =
on a db tape from veritas or mount the tape and do a forbidin contents =
on media - most reports do not show anything on db tapes so most reports =
show nothing, so use robtest mount the tape and perform a media =
contents?
Or try and manulally initiaze the tape - it will tell you its a db tape =
or try and write to it then check the logs, a db tape cannot be written =
to - So You keep searching and searching your hole life through - your =
gonna miss my.=20

Please talk / email Susan.Irwin AT coleypress DOT com as she is the master
of frozen / unfreezed tapes and their behavior