Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Simple question - Display Tape Header

2005-05-10 15:58:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Simple question - Display Tape Header
From: mike.day AT inovis DOT com (Mike Day)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:58:43 -0700
What command do I use to read a tapes header ... specifically to
determine if the tape is a catalog tape?  I need to try to figure out if
someone changed some offsite catalog tapes to SCRATCH from the console
without using the script we have to do the two part process of
converting a catalog tape.

I just found this error message in my logs "FREEZING media id 000132, it
contains NetBackup database backup data and cannot be used for backups"
and need to look at my 10 or so other frozen tapes to see if others were
also previously used as catalog tapes.

Thanks,

Michael H. Day
Inovis Systems Engineer