Veritas-bu

Subject: [Veritas-bu] san attached

2005-05-10 15:09:37
Subject: Subject: [Veritas-bu] san attached
From: KELCZ AT coj DOT net (Mike Kelczewski)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:09:37 -0400
>How many folks out there are using san attached solutions using
Windows
>based master and media servers?  I'm starting to look into this and
>would love to get the heads-up on the various pot-holes in the road.
>Darby Moses

We have 1 Windows Master and 1 Windows Media server each with SAN
attached DSU's and Tape Libraries backing up over 250 clients.  The only
problem I have run across is on the DSU's on Windows is the 2 TB
partition limit unless you use the new GPT filesystem type in Windows
2003 SP1 or some other volume manager.