Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restore to different client.

2005-05-06 05:50:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restore to different client.
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:50:47 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

I should tell you guys how is my configuration look
like. I have 2 unix machines. Lets call it systemA and
systemB. Both machines have netbackup business server
running (same version - 4.5). And both machines have
tape library attach to it. Basically they dont share
between each other. Lately I've been thinking, I
should config netbackup so that I can backup or
restore using either machines (systemA or systemB).
What I want is systemA can backup and restore systemB.
And systemB can backup and restore systemA. At least
in case of something happen to either tape library on
each machine, I still can run my backup or restore
from any systems.

Is this possible? Anything I should change in
netbackup application on either machine?

Thanks again.

regards,
feroz

--- Patrick Whelan <Patrick.Whelan AT lchclearnet DOT com>
wrote:

> Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this
> e-mail.

> Before trying anything else. Can you backup and
> restore to the alternate client itself? If this
> doesn't work than trying to restore another client
> to it won't.  Have you tried basic connections to
> the alternate client, i.e. telnet alternateclient
> bpcd, or bpdir -M alternateclient, or bpgetconfig -M
> alternateclient? If these all work then you have a
> real problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick Whelan
> Enterprise Systems Support (NetBackup)
> LCHClearnet
> +44 020 7426 7624
> "Facts do not cease to exist because they are
> ignored." - Aldous Huxley

Feroz Fazidi Basir
yonez dot net

http://www.yonez.net