Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backup media error (Status 97)

2005-05-05 04:05:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup media error (Status 97)
From: fjoubert AT postino.up.ac DOT za (Fourie Joubert)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:05:32 +0200 (SAST)
Hi

I am running Netbackup Server 5.0GA on Solaris.

Whenever I try to allocate a tape to the catalog backup, I get:

"requested media is in use, cannot process request (Status 97)"

I have tried this for a variety of tapes, but always have the same
problem.

The tapes are not assigned and are expired. They are in the Netbackup
volume pool.

Any help woudl be enormously appreciated!

Kindesr regards!

Fourie

--------------
Dr Fourie Joubert
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Unit
Department of Biochemistry
University of Pretoria
fjoubert AT postino.up.ac DOT za
http://www.bi.up.ac.za
Tel. +27-12-420-5802
Fax. +27-12-420-5800

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer to
www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full details.