Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter

2005-04-29 16:46:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter
From: charles.hart AT medtronic DOT com (Hart, Charles)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:46:59 -0500
We are using Bocada because we have NBU and TSM installations around the
world and have to produce monthly ScoreCards by region to our directors.
The "Fat Client" install is only to run reports and does not reside on
any of your backup clients. We had an issue with the install on our
reporting server which was resolved by not installing the app in
c:\program files\etc, but just c:\backupreport.  (annoying but hey,
we've spent more time working on NBU code issues)

As far as mapping the NBU error codes it can be cumbersome, but once set
you're done.  Not sure what the issue is for the reporting tool to
"Pretend to be a media server.  How does Aptare collect NBU data?

As stated below if you only have one backup product use a pkg built
specifically for that product.  StorageTek also has a product called
Global Storage Manager which is an SRM tool that also appears to do nice
backup reporting for Netbackup and lots of ACLS info as well...
http://www.storagetek.com/products/product_page90.html#features The
advantage here of course is if the SAN guys choose GSM to manage the SAN
then you don't need another reporting pkg for backups...

It's all about what you want and what you know...