Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter

2005-04-29 15:00:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:00:38 -0500
--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

* Bobby Williams <Bobby.Williams AT gtsi DOT com> [2005-04-29 13:24]:
> Anyone out there ever heard of a tool by Tek-Tools, Inc.  called "Profile=
r"?

tek-tools seemed to be a bit shallow on the type of data they collected.
We had evaled tek-tools, bocada, aptare storage console, veritas command ce=
ntral and a couple others. Bocada is a very good reporting package, but tha=
t is mostly all it does. It also does it by pretending it's a media server.=
 we didn't care for that idea very much.

Aptare won hands down for reporting AND realtime monitoring.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4